Party planning is such a fun hobby. The only problem is if you like it as much as I do, you often find there are too many great theme ideas for just one party. But you don’t always have to choose…some themes can work together. I have two boys, so I have always wanted to do a Little Man party. I adore this Mr. Man Birthday Bash and this roundup of little man party ideas on Oopsey Daisy. I also loved the idea of a Milk & Cookies theme, especially for babies. I have seen beautiful examples of this theme for baby showers and toddler birthday parties.
In the end, I decide to do a party-theme mashup. My theme became the Little Man’s Milk & Cookies party. These two themes were perfect for a mashup, because the milk & cookies part provided a food theme, while the little man theme was great for invitations and decor. I also sprinkled in a few ideas from great “one year in a flash” parties featured on my party mood board.
Most of the milk and cookies parties I have seen have a brown and white color theme with polkadots. It seems natural to go along with the milk colors. I like to be anything but predictable. I wanted a little more pop. I chose a modern, fun color scheme of aqua, grey, and yellow.
Sources of my inspiration:
- Cake and general bow-tie decor ideas from this Bow-tie Baby Shower
- Adorable felt bow-tie cake toppers from Knock.Knocking.
- Cookie jar table decor and jugs of milk on ice via Tangled and True
- Invitations, time capsule jar, dot bunting, and chalkboard photo props were inspired by this amazing One Year Old in a Flash party
- More chalkboard photo prop inspiration from this other amazing One Year Old in a Flash party
- Milk shot idea from this Vintage Toys Birthday
- More milk with paper straws inspiration from At Home with Kim Vallee
- Lite Kettle Corn from Trader Joe’s because it is yummy, has a cute package, and fits in the color scheme
- Got Milk? flavored straws for party favors
- Chocolate mustache lollies from this Mustache Bash
Hi, I'm Jackie
I believe you are the best person to decorate your home and I'm here to help.
Learn More About Me
Join Me on Facebook