Party planning is such a fun hobby. The only problem is if you like it as much as I do, you often find there are too many great theme ideas for just one party. But you don’t always have to choose…some themes can work together. I have two boys, so I have always wanted to do a Little Man party. I adore this Mr. Man Birthday Bash and this roundup of little man party ideas on Oopsey Daisy. I also loved the idea of a Milk & Cookies theme, especially for babies. I have seen beautiful examples of this theme for baby showers and toddler birthday parties.
In the end, I decide to do a party-theme mashup. My theme became the Little Man’s Milk & Cookies party. These two themes were perfect for a mashup, because the milk & cookies part provided a food theme, while the little man theme was great for invitations and decor. I also sprinkled in a few ideas from great “one year in a flash” parties featured on my party mood board.
Most of the milk and cookies parties I have seen have a brown and white color theme with polkadots. It seems natural to go along with the milk colors. I like to be anything but predictable. I wanted a little more pop. I chose a modern, fun color scheme of aqua, grey, and yellow.
Sources of my inspiration:
- Cake and general bow-tie decor ideas from this Bow-tie Baby Shower
- Adorable felt bow-tie cake toppers from Knock.Knocking.
- Cookie jar table decor and jugs of milk on ice via Tangled and True
- Invitations, time capsule jar, dot bunting, and chalkboard photo props were inspired by this amazing One Year Old in a Flash party
- More chalkboard photo prop inspiration from this other amazing One Year Old in a Flash party
- Milk shot idea from this Vintage Toys Birthday
- More milk with paper straws inspiration from At Home with Kim Vallee
- Lite Kettle Corn from Trader Joe’s because it is yummy, has a cute package, and fits in the color scheme
- Got Milk? flavored straws for party favors
- Chocolate mustache lollies from this Mustache Bash
Take a Free Decorating Class Today
Get instant access to my best decorating secrets. Enter your name and email address to watch the free Styling Secrets Workshop now.
This free class is only available for a limited time so make sure you watch before Oct. 11th.
You're in! Please check your email for access to the workshop.
Hi, I'm Jackie
I believe you are the best person to decorate your home and I'm here to help.
Learn More About Me
Join Me on Facebook