The ruler growth chart was really easy to put together, but I still think it is worth a quick tutorial to show you just how easy it was.
- Wood – I used a 6 ft long 1 x 8 pine board
- Vinyl Ruler Decal – from Abbie’s House
- Sanding Block
- Painters Tape
- Screws, wall anchors, and finish washers
- Open your package from Abbie’s House. It will include wonderful detailed instructions for applying the vinyl graphic. If needed, lightly sand your board. I sanded the edges and corners to round them slightly. I left my board raw, but you could also paint, stain, or oil it before the next step.
- Trim the vinyl decal along the edge of the tick marks on the ruler. Line the edge of the marks up with the edge of your board. Tape down with painter’s tape to hold in place.
- Once you have the placement of your vinyl, you can begin to peel away the backing from the decal and transfer paper. Peel a small section to start.
- Use the craft stick to rub firmly over the transfer paper. Make sure to thoroughly rub each tick mark and number. Continue to peel more backing away and rub in small sections.
- Once you have finished rubbing the entire decal, slowly peel back the transfer paper. Peel in small sections and check that the entire decal transferred onto the wood. If you see any of the decal still on the paper, lay the transfer paper back down exactly where it was and re-rub the decal in that area until it transfers.
Hi, I'm Jackie
I believe your home should be a reflection of you. My home style is DIY Modern…handmade, simple, and fun, just like me!
Learn More About Me
Sponsors & Affiliates