Now that you have seen the completed dining room, lets recap all the handmade details that went into making our perfect dining room. Remember, this room only started with a table and an armoire. Let’s go over the entire makeover from the ground up.
A beautiful indoor/outdoor rug under the dining table offers a little softness and durability under foot.
The walls got a DIY board and batten wall treatment to add architecture and interest to the long blank wall.
DIY mercury glass vessels serve as an enchanting centerpiece lit from inside by flameless candles.
I played around with some accessories I collected for the room to practice my photography skills.
To top it all off, I added a DIY linear crystal chandelier that oozes glamour.
This room is full of DIY projects, so I thought it might be nice to do a full price breakdown for the major pieces in the room. Anything not mentioned we already owned or made for less than $15. We had the paint leftover from other projects in the house. Visit the links below to learn more and for sources.
- Board and Batten – wood, nails, liquid nails, caulk, and sandpaper – $150
- Family Silhouette Art – Canvases, Handmade Paper, and Wrapping Paper – $70
- HomeGoods Indoor/Outdoor Rug – $129
- 6 Upholstered Dining Chairs – Chair frames, tablecloths, slipcovers, and dye – $410
- West Elm Velvet Grommet Drapes – two 108″ panels on sale for $163
- DIY Mercury Glass Vessels – Glass vases, Looking Glass Spray Paint, and Flameless Candles – $48
- Linear Crystal Chandelier – Light fixture, wire, and crystals – $170
Grand Total = $1,140
I am still in total disbelief that this room came together for $1200, especially since it started with no chairs! I did not set a budget for this room and the expenses were spread out over the last six months. Of course, it helped that we already owned the table and armoire. The DIY projects saved a ton of money and more importantly made the room feel truly unique and personalized.
Hi, I’m Jackie
I believe your home should be a reflection of you. My home style is DIY Modern…handmade, simple, and fun, just like me!
Learn More About Me
Join Me on Facebook