With every mood board I give a bonus DIY ideas board. I roundup 3-5 DIY ideas to help clients achieve the look for less or personalize their space. My courtyard kitchen client was open to DIY, but requested no-sew projects. I was happy to oblige. Read on for links to all the sources of these wonderful DIY projects.
The top 3 projects on the DIY Ideas board give lower-cost DIY alternatives to recommendations on the Courtyard Kitchen mood board.
- Seed Pod Topiary – This is from my project archives. Topiaries are super easy to make and all the supplies are readily available at the craft store. For more fun, try potting them in unique containers, like a ceramic utensil holder, a tea cup, or a small basket.
- Stenciled Curtains – No sewing required. Buy plain white curtains and stencil an all-over design.
- Giant Framed Chalkboard – Great for a message center in the kitchen. My client was already thinking about doing my easy chalkboard pantry door.
The bottom row was all about dressing up the kitchen island.
- Painted Island – To break up the cabinetry and similar colored floors, I recommended painting the island a soft white.
- Add Details – My client’s island lacked architectural interest, like end panels or brackets. So, I suggested adding decorative brackets or corbels. Vintage ones add lots of interest, but she could also add new ones and paint them the same color as the island.
Have a space you need help with?
My mood boards are like a visual shopping list for your perfect room. In addition to the mood board, I include a free DIY ideas board for the room. Get yours here.
Hi, I’m Jackie
I believe your home should be a reflection of you. My home style is DIY Modern…handmade, simple, and fun, just like me!
Learn More About Me
Join Me on Facebook