This time of year I really appreciate quick and easy projects.  Doesn’t hurt when they are inexpensive either.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

I found these adorable cookie cutters at World Market for 99 cents each.  I grabbed three each of the bird, the star, the heart, and the scalloped circle.  All they needed was a little string to become cute ornaments.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

I pulled out my jar of pretty twine and got to work.  I decided to double up the baker’s twine and use two different colors for each ornament.  I cut equal lengths of each string.  I looped the pairs of string and knotted the ends.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

To create hangers for the ornaments, I wrapped the string loops around the ornament and pulled the knotted end through the loop.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

I cinched the loop down by pulling on the knot.  That is all it takes!  This was so easy, my 5 year old helped.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

We scattered these all over the tree.  I love how subtle these ornaments are.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

Sharing this post here:
Home Stories A2Z
Snap!

9 Responses to Cookie Cutter Christmas Ornaments

1. Chris says:

Now THAT is a project I can handle! What a great idea…love it!

2. Shellie says:

New to your blog, saw a link on YHL. You have a beautfiul home and great ideas!! I have a new blog I’ll be reading daily :)

I love easy projects this time of year!

4. These are so cute! We have a Texas shaped cookie cutter on our tree to represent our home state and it’s one of my faves.

Of course, now I’m thinking I really need to get busy on building my adorable twine collection! :)

5. Gwen says:

I too am wishing I’d have built up my twine collection when going to big cities for medical care and getting twine or a little cardboard Christmas house was a reward for the appointments. But I have oodles of old embroidery thread I could always improvise! I’ve got the cookie cutters I haven’t used in years. I too bought a Texas cookie cutter but its now shaped like hmmm…a bit more like MN after it got smashed in the drawer!! But yes I believe I’ll be copying your idea this year!!!

6. Misty says:

how cool is it that World Market came back to MN? LOVE IT!

7. Christine says:

This is so cute. I love the look of cookie cutters on the tree!