This time of year I really appreciate quick and easy projects.  Doesn’t hurt when they are inexpensive either.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

I found these adorable cookie cutters at World Market for 99 cents each.  I grabbed three each of the bird, the star, the heart, and the scalloped circle.  All they needed was a little string to become cute ornaments.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

I pulled out my jar of pretty twine and got to work.  I decided to double up the baker’s twine and use two different colors for each ornament.  I cut equal lengths of each string.  I looped the pairs of string and knotted the ends.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

To create hangers for the ornaments, I wrapped the string loops around the ornament and pulled the knotted end through the loop.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

I cinched the loop down by pulling on the knot.  That is all it takes!  This was so easy, my 5 year old helped.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

We scattered these all over the tree.  I love how subtle these ornaments are.

Cookie Cutter Ornaments

Sharing this post here:
Home Stories A2Z

Take a Free Decorating Class Today

Get instant access to my best decorating secrets. Enter your name and email address to watch the free Styling Secrets Workshop now.

This free class is only available for a limited time so make sure you watch before Oct. 11th.

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

9 Responses to Cookie Cutter Christmas Ornaments

1. Chris says:

Now THAT is a project I can handle! What a great idea…love it!

2. Shellie says:

New to your blog, saw a link on YHL. You have a beautfiul home and great ideas!! I have a new blog I’ll be reading daily :)

I love easy projects this time of year!

4. These are so cute! We have a Texas shaped cookie cutter on our tree to represent our home state and it’s one of my faves.

Of course, now I’m thinking I really need to get busy on building my adorable twine collection! :)

5. Gwen says:

I too am wishing I’d have built up my twine collection when going to big cities for medical care and getting twine or a little cardboard Christmas house was a reward for the appointments. But I have oodles of old embroidery thread I could always improvise! I’ve got the cookie cutters I haven’t used in years. I too bought a Texas cookie cutter but its now shaped like hmmm…a bit more like MN after it got smashed in the drawer!! But yes I believe I’ll be copying your idea this year!!!

6. Misty says:

how cool is it that World Market came back to MN? LOVE IT!

7. Christine says:

This is so cute. I love the look of cookie cutters on the tree!