- Home Tour
- DIY Projects
- How To & Tips
- Hire Me
My favorite way to personalize a space and stretch your dollar is DIY projects. I particularly love DIY projects in family spaces. They are a great way to add your family’s personality to a space. Plus, I totally think families should DIY together!
My client’s playful nature family room was screaming for personalized art and decor. Here are a few of my favorite DIY ideas for a family room. All the sources are linked below.
- Chalkboard Play Table - This is a great way to makeover a play table.
- Animal Bookends – Pick your favorite animal (the plastic toy version), your favorite color of spray paint, and make custom bookends.
- Faux Zinc Letters - For a fraction of the cost, you can create your own wall letters. This was so easy I let my 5-year old help paint the letters.
- Eraser Stamp Art – Do this DIY project with the kids! This fun technique of stamping dots with pencil erasers could be used to create a monogram or art.
- Family Silhouette Art – This is a surprisingly simple, but meaningful project. Hang them horizontally over a couch or vertically to fill a blank wall.
Have a space you need help with?
My mood boards are like a visual shopping list for your perfect room. In addition to the mood board, I include a free DIY ideas board for the room. Get yours here.