- Home Tour
- DIY Projects
- How To & Tips
- Hire Me
With every mood board I include a bonus DIY ideas board. My glamorous cabin retreat client wanted to limit the amount of DIY projects, so I only suggested those that would be the most impactful. I used the rest of the board to suggest a few alternate options to the main mood board. Read on for all the sources.
Any of these items could be swapped with suggestions on the Glamorous Cabin Retreat mood board.
- Ikat Ogee Pillow Cover- Modern meets tribal in this oversized pattern.
- Deco Geometric Pillow Cover – A luxurious velvet lumbar pillow.
- Rugs: Sheepskin Rug 2 x 6’ and Flatweave Teal Rug – Try a layered look. I recommend a flat weave tone on tone teal rug topped with a sheepskin runner.
- Low Butler Stand Tray – These are stunning in person. The shiny metal x-base and shimmery metallic silver tray is so glamorous. I saw two of these paired together as a coffee table at West Elm and loved the look! The x-bases are the perfect style to sit on top of the layered rugs.
- Hammered Metal Magazine Holder – I love the look of hammered metal. This magazine holder is a bit of an investment, but it will last forever.
- Painted Fireplace – This is an amazing way to transform a very traditional, builder-grade fireplace. If you dare, paint the mantel (all the wood) the same color as the wall. It makes the shape of the mantel (the play of light and shadow) the focus and allows the things you put on the mantel to take center stage.
- Air Stone – This is a great product and relatively simple DIY to transform the tile on a fireplace to a stacked stone look.
- Sunburst Mirror – Mirrors are pricey and their are so many great DIY versions. I adore this sunburst option made with painted twigs.
- Silver Leaf – If you want to give existing furniture a glam makeover, try silver leafing. Silver leafing is really no more difficult than painting. You brush on the sizing, let it dry to tacky, then lay on the silver leaf and brush it down. A top coat will protect it from flaking off.
Have a space you need help with?
My mood boards are like a visual shopping list for your perfect room. In addition to the mood board, I include a free DIY ideas board for the room. Get yours here.