My favorite way to personalize a space and stretch your dollar, is DIY projects. Each of my custom mood boards includes a bonus DIY ideas board to inspire my client’s to DIY something for their space.
For my client’s modern lodge living room, I wanted to give her some easy DIY projects to replicate some of the recommendations on the mood board. Here is a roundup of cozy DIY projects for a modern lodge space. All sources listed below the image.
- Mercury Glass – One of my favorite projects to add a hint of glamour is DIY mercury glass hurricanes. You could also use this technique on a glass lamp base.
- Rings Wall Art- Interlocking rings wall decor made from embroidery hoops.
- DIY Upholstery – If you want to tackle a chair upholstery project yourself, this bloggers tutorial is a good place to start. She has lots of pics and tips on replacing not just the fabric, but the foam, too.
- Giant Deer Cross Stitch Kit – Would a modern lodge be complete without a deer? A modern take on a traditional craft. This kit has everything you need to make your own.
- Sweater Pillows - The ultimate cozy pillow…cable knit sweaters repurposed.
Have a space you need help with?
My mood boards are like a visual shopping list for your perfect room. In addition to the mood board, I include a free DIY ideas board for the room. Get yours here.
Hi, I'm Jackie
I believe your home should be a reflection of you. My home style is DIY Modern…handmade, simple, and fun, just like me!
Learn More About Me
Join Me on Facebook