Have you entered to win a custom mood board, yet? You have until tomorrow night to leave a comment on yesterday’s giveaway post for your chance to win a free custom mood board for any room in your home.
Today, I have a double round up of DIY ideas to share that go along with the Warmth & Peace Family and Dining Room mood boards. My favorite way to personalize a space and stretch your dollar, is DIY projects. A link to the source for each DIY project is below the images.
- $10 Picture Ledges – Make inexpensive picture ledges or just take the layering of frames as an inspirational example.
- Ribbon Lampshade – Spice up a plain lamp shad with ribbon. You can buy inexpensive shades at Target and add grosgrain ribbon to customize them.
- Rope Laundry Baskets – Replicate the look of high-end rope baskets with inexpensive laundry baskets. These would be great for storing toys.
- Tiled Fireplace Surrounds – Remove a dated traditional mantel and tile the wall around the fireplace from floor to ceiling.
- Frank Lloyd Wright Inspired Window Cling – Frank lloyd Wright was famous for his stained glass. Get a similar look by applying a window cling to a glass door.
- Double Shade Chandelier – Create a high-end looking chandelier with two shades and a light kit.
- Dip Dyed Curtains – Take off-the-shelf cotton or linen curtains and dip dye the bottoms.
- French Striped Table Runner – Make easy table runners with a simple stripe. On long rectangular or oval tables, I think it looks nice to put two table runners crosswise between the side chairs, like shown here.
Have a space you need help with?
My mood boards are like a visual shopping list for your perfect room. In addition to the mood board, I include a free DIY ideas board for the room. Get yours here.
Hi, I'm Jackie
I believe you are the best person to decorate your home and I'm here to help.
Learn More About Me
Join Me on Facebook