As much as I love window shopping, I thought it would be nice to share what I actually spend money on for my home. The What I Bought series is a way for me to share what I buy on my home shopping trips.
They recently opened new World Market stores across the Twin Cities. We had them years ago, but they closed. I am so happy to see them come back. At first when I found out they were, I was embarrassed. The week before I made my hubby drive out-of-the-way in Dallas to stop by one…oops! Now I have one less than 30 minutes away. I hope they do well and they re-open the one right in my city.
World Market has a mish-mash of styles leaning mostly toward global, eclectic, traditional, and a bit of industrial. I appreciate all of those styles for other people’s homes, but most of their product line is not really my cup of tea. But, each season I find a few pieces that work well with any style, and that I just can’t live without.
Here is what I grabbed on my last two trips to World Market:
1. Glass Drying Rack – A smaller version of the really awesome and expensive vintage French drying racks for $14.99! If I was still nursing my babies, this would be my stylish choice for bottle drying. I have pinned a couple other cute ideas for using a drying rack to hold cups at a party or small stockings during the holidays.
2. Slate Blue Velvet Curtain Panels – I got these on the first trip a whole back. They have already been cut up and given a new life. You saw a sneak peek of them here. I owe you a post all about recovering those slipper chairs with curtain panels.
3. Lidded Glass Jars – I kind of go nuts for corked glass jars and any combination of wood and glass. I grabbed three of these guys for a project I am working on in the kitchen.
4. Berry Basket – So cute! I just got one, but wanted to buy 20. Looks like they only sell this as a set of 3 online, but you can buy each color individually in store. This one will go in my studio probably on the white stair tread shelves. I have a few other berry baskets that I use in the bathroom.
5. Heart Shaped Ramekin – Need a ramekin? World Market’s got you covered with several options. The sight of this guy melted my heart. He’s already got a home as a catch-all on the wire shelves in the laundry room.
6. Driftwood Chargers – I bought three of these (they sell them online as a set of 2, but they are available individually in store). I know three is an odd number for dinner chargers, but I don’t plan to use them as chargers. My son and I did a little snow day project with these earlier this week, but you’ll have to wait until we are further along in the playroom to see what they became.
7. Mallard Ceramic Stool – I can’t believe it has taken me this long to get my first ceramic stool. I featured a silver one, also from World Market, on my basement family room mood board, but it is no longer available. Then, I saw at the store this one marked as clearance. I had to have it. (Looks like it is no longer available online now, but some stores still have them.) I ended up getting an extra 10% off the clearance price by taking the floor model…I am pretty proud of my $33 ceramic stool score.
Note: I was not compensated in any way for this post. I am just an World Market fan sharing the great finds I bought with my hard-earned money.
Hi, I'm Jackie
I believe your home should be a reflection of you. My home style is DIY Modern…handmade, simple, and fun, just like me!
Learn More About Me
Sponsors & Affiliates