Do you Instagram? I do, but I admit I am a newbie. I am still learning the ropes and figuring out what to share. I have an interesting mix going on so far.

I share great finds when I am out shopping.

Hello, amazing cylinder lamp for under $80 found at Lowes!

My boys help spot great stuff, too…like this giant handwoven pouf that warranted a big hug.

That brings me to my next favorite Instagram topic, my kiddos and my puppy.

Occasionally, I share some behind the scenes peaks at my unconventional work life.

Like when I photograph stuff on my bathroom counter.

Or, when I spend a sunny day working at the new game table.

Just yesterday, I realized Instagram is a fun place to share a snapshot of completed mood boards.

I shared this one moments after sending the completed file to my client.  It still has not made it into my portfolio, yet.

Making A Beautiful Mess

My newest obsession, which I love almost as much as Mexican Cola, is doodling on my pictures with the A Beautiful Mess app.  I highly recommend it.

If you are on Instagram, I would love to have you follow along.  Also, please leave your Instagram name below, so I can look you up and check out your stream!

In just 15 minutes a day for 5 days, you can refresh one room. Without spending a dime.

Start your free 5-day Decorating Do Over Challenge and get exclusive sneak peeks of my book Free Decorating.

We won't send you spam. Unsubscribe at any time. Powered by ConvertKit

31 Responses to My Insta Life

1. Sara says:

I love instagram! I’m sfdvt. I will look you up…once I find my iTouch, it is in my house but I cannot remember where I laid it down. I’m most sad when I lose it because of instagram!

Good luck finding your iTouch. I went to check out your feed and you taught me something new about Instagram…I had no idea you could have a private feed.

2. Jessica W. says:

I love your instagram feed! Follow me at jwillis1105 :)

3. Jessica Lundgren says:

Kind of an insta addict myself. I am loving the app A Beautiful Mess too! My username is jesslu5. :)

4. Katie says:

A Beautiful Mess has taken off! I love that app so much.
    Your blog and instagram feed are amazing! I am your newest insta follower! :) {My instagram name is coltonandkatie} I read your blog every day. You are an inspiration!

5. Shannon says:

Looking forward to following along with your instagram :) I’m somewhat of a newbie on there too – I’m spete02
    LOVE your blog by the way!!!

6. jessvii says:

I’m jessvii on Instagram :).

7. Rebecca says:

Just started following you! Mine username is rbriggs2009 :) Warning: I take lots of pics of my adorable son ;)

8. Lindsey says:

I love the Beautiful Mess app. It is so great! I too post lots of puppy photos. It is hard not to when they are so dang cute. I am lmbray.

9. Angie Payne says:

I can’t wait to start following you. I LOVE your blog. My username is perfectlychicdesigns.
    Lots of kids, cats, dogs and painted furniture from Texas.

10. Michelle says:

I love finding new people to follow. I use Instagram as a journal of sorts, chronicling my kids, our everyday adventures, and of course, my garden! You can find me at michelledupuis.

Michelle, I love it! Insta-journaling! I am following and will be living my green thumb gardening dreams vicariously through your Instagram feed :)

11. Jamie Mathieu says:

My instagram name is jamiemathieu. Can’t wait to follow you! Your blog is inspiring so much in my home decor. Thank you!!

12. Kaylee says:

Hi there….love your new found lamp! Do you happen to know the name or who makes it at Lowes? Thanks!

Hi Kaylee, I didn’t buy the lamp. I just spotted it’s awesomeness. I think the brand on the box said Catalina. I was not able to find this lamp or the brand on the Lowes website. By the way, CB2 carries a nearly identical lamp now for under $100.

13. Colleen says:

I love finding new people on Instagram too! When I’m bored I pop it open and always find something inspiring. Apparently I’m going to have to check out A Beautiful Mess. Love you blog! Officially following you…I hope you’ll follow me too! I’m ckstevens on Instagram.

14. Kismet says:

I think I have followed you from the beginning. Mine is Kismetblue

15. Patrina says:

I am no ton instagram but I think it awesome that you take the time to comment and “follow” your readers. I love blog land but there are very few bloggers who actually take the time to respond to their readers.One of the reasons I check you out daily. Keep all the goodness coming girlie. BTW, I LOVE the pics of your little ones you post to FB. They are such little cutties!

Thanks, Patrina. Honestly, I know I love when bloggers respond to me, so I try as much as possible to give the same courtesy to my readers. I think reading and responding to comments is one of my favorite things about blogging!

16. danielle says:

i am already a follower of yours and i love your feed! I am going to check out that app!
    My user name is dgussiedup

17. Terri says:

Love your feed. I’m fairly new to Instagram as well and need to brush up on it. tazzlebury