Today our street will be lined with flags. A wonderful service provided by our local Boy Scout Troop.

flagsliningstreet

Some of you may not know I was Active Duty Air Force, as was my husband. Our military ties run deep with parents, grandparents, and siblings who have all served. Our brother-in-law is currently on active duty.

militaryfamily Left to right: My hubby, me (with red hair), my SILs hubby, and my SIL

Fortunately, we have not lost any of our family in the line of military service. But we know many have, and today is about honoring them.  It is with deep respect and gratitude that today and everyday I remember and honor those military members who made the ultimate sacrifice. It is because of them that we enjoy our freedom.

For recent generations choosing to serve is voluntary, and I know it is a deeply personal decision. I have a deep respect for those who choose to serve. In my opinion serving your country is one of the greatest ways to honor our fallen heroes. It is one way to uphold the traditions and continue their work. My military education and service barely makes a dent in my understanding of what some have endured and given to protect our freedom. I will never really know the sacrifice they made, but know enough to be ever thankful to them.

Thank you to all those who have, are, or will serve. I keep you all in my prayers and hope we don’t add any more names to the list of those we remember on this day.

9 Responses to Remembering with Deep Respect and Gratitude

1. Janice says:

Beautiful post. Thank you (and your family) for your past service.

2. Gwen says:

Thank you. Thank you to you and your family. My Dad. Others. Cousins. Uncles. Thank you. May you be blessed richly for your service.

3. Erin Bettis says:

Thank you for your and your husband’s service. My husband is active duty army. I have many uncles and aunts who served in the air force, as well.

Nicely written. Thank you for sharing.

- Erin

Erin, Thank you to your husband for his service and to you and your family for your amazing support!

4. Anne says:

Thank you for yours and your family’s service. My brother is USMC and, thankfully, came home from two tours before retiring. Remembering those who have not been so lucky always brings tears to my eyes.

Anne, So glad your brother is safe. Thank you to him for his service and your family for supporting his service!

5. Dee says:

Great post!! :) Thank you to you and your husband. I thank all military members and their families. My husband is in the military as were our dads and grandfathers.

Thanks Dena! You know I appreciate what your husband and your family does! Glad he’s home with you now.